New Parent Classes with Hannah Love
So you have survived the first few exhausting months, booked your NCT classes, maybe even decorated the nursery and have started looking around at the travel systems (I could probably do a class on those alone!) but what else have you done to prepare for your baby? For those first few, equally amazing as they are exhausting, months with the new little person on board?
I have been helping parents resolve sleeping and feeding issues for nearly 20 years. The parents that contact me have hit rock bottom, often cry on the first contact and ALL believe I can’t possibly help them out of their situation.
After completing the program, they are so relieved, have a baby that is settled and they are left saying one thing… ‘I wish I had found Hannah Sooner!” this is voiced in nearly every one of my testimonials.
For years I have been trying to think of a way of preventing these parents form needing to go through these weeks, months or even years of sleep torture. Then one day, one of the mums I had helped with sleep training called me, out of the blue.
Hi Hannah, hope you are well, you are not going to believe it but (thanks to you as it wouldn’t have been possible before!) we are PREGNANT again!.. Baby number 2 arrives in 6 months and I am terrified, please can you help as I cant go through that again
With that simple request, my New Parent Classes were formed. Bringing 20 years of my experience into one package, ideal for new parents.
What do you get from the class?
We offer expectant parents a day with me, and a few special guests learning all you need to know, about those crucial first few months as a parent.
Set in the wonderful Great House, Sonning – on the River Thames, the setting compliments the relaxed and interactive approach to the class. (You can also benefit from a discounted rate on rooms, should you wish to extend your stay – I would, it’s lovely!)
During the class, you’ll learn:
- How to prepare for baby arriving, what practical preparation can you do before baby arrives. What questions should you be asking (and answering) yourself so you know what you want to do what your baby comes home with you?
- What do you need to take to hospital? What will happen and what will you need?
- What can you do in those first few days to make things easier for you? What can others do to make things easier for you?
- Feeding options, what if you have concerns about breast feeding? What if you can’t breast feed? How will I know if it is working? Is it possible to have a routine with a breast fed baby?
- Issues such as colic, reflux, silent reflux, tummy issues, wind, feeding issues, not putting on weight, nocturnal feeding. How to spot them, what to look out for, when to worry and how to help your baby.
- Growth charts, health visitors, weigh in clinics, baby health checks– what are they, what do they mean and what do they do?
- How is your new born’s sleep different to yours? Why do babies not sleep well? What to expect? What is realistic
- How can you get into good habits form the start? What can I do to encourage my new born to sleep well? What gentle steps can I take to ensure that my baby can sleep independently.
- A guest speaker will come and talk about first aid, accident prevention, choking and baby resuscitation
- An expert speaker will come and introduce you to the relaxing practice of baby massage.
- Baby equipment, what is worth getting, what isn’t worth getting.
- A personal 1:1 session with me, so that you can ask and personal/ individual questions you have
In addition to all the skills and information you’ll get from above, you’ll have a chance to speak to the experts, meet other new parents and get a goodie bag with sample products, discount vouchers and useful information to take home.
You will also benefit from 6 weeks of post birth support. You’ll have a chance to speak to me directly, during my ‘New parent hour’ every week. To check in on how you’re doing, ask me questions and keep you on track.
You will be joined to a Yummy Baby Group private Facebook Group , for life, where you can keep in touch with me, other new parents and other parents I’ve supported. A great place to ask questions, get advice and support throughout your parenting journey.
A reminder of what the New Parent Class includes:
- A space for an expectant mummy and a partner of her choice
- A unique class from Hannah Love and a team of experts
- A goodie bag of products, vouchers and information
- 6 week, post-birth, support from Hannah
- Entry to the Yummy Baby Group Facebook group – for life
- A day at the wonderful Great House, Sonning – including refreshments and lunch
- Discounted rate on rooms at the Great House
All of this for an introductory price of £199 (usually £399) for the first class.
Please fill out the form below to register your interest for our next class (September).